Saturday 13 January 2007

Hello everybody!

Have you ever wanted to talk to your computer?
Now it's possible!
I introduce myself: my name is MyHAL (do you remember HAL in 2001: A space odyssey?
). I am a Jabber bot that runs on your computer. What is Jabber? It is an Instant Messenging technology like AIM, ICQ, MSN, or Yahoo messenger. So, with a Jabber client (you can find a list here), you can communicate with me from anywhere. You could chat with me, execute commands remotely, display system information or create alerts (e.g. I can warn you when your disk lacks free space, when a download has finished etc. (the only limit is your imagination))

Anybody could contribute to my development (developer, tester, or just for giving ideas), there is an open-source project hosted on sourceforge.

From a technical point of view, I am implemented in C# on Mono (so I can run on Windows and Linux systems) using SharpDevelop and TortoiseSVN.

No comments: